Effective: November 9, 2019
- organizing it into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing a series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and brevity.
Table of Contents:
- Information We Collect From or About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How Long We Retain Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Your Rights and Choices
- International Data Transfers
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect From or About You
We need to collect information about you to provide you and your organization with the Services or the support you request.
Information Provided By Your Organization
Our Services are designed for organizations. When you or the organization you belong to signs up for the Services, we collect information from your organization about you in order to provide the Services, such as your name, job title, employer, contact information, the teams you are on, the office you work out of, and other information as determined by your organization.
Information Provided By You
Your organization may choose to enable you to provide us with additional information (including the information listed above and other personal information such as social media account details), or modify the information we collect from your organization. We also collect information from you when you contact us or fill out a form on our website.
Information We Automatically Collect From Your Use Of Our Services
We automatically collect information in order to improve and protect our content and Services, to personalize our Services for you, and to prevent and investigate fraud, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable laws.
The information we collect includes:
Usage Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including any specific page you visit, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, the website you visited before you used the Services, data about how you interact with our Services, and other clickstream data.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our websites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you believe that we may have collected information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us so that we may delete that information.
How We Use Your Information
To Provide The Service
If you sign up for the Service, we use your personal information:
- to operate, maintain, administer and improve the Service;
- to manage and communicate with you regarding your account, including by sending you announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to process payments you make through the Service;
- to better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- to respond to your support requests, questions and feedback.
To Communicate With You
If you request information from us, sign up for the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you related marketing communications, if permitted by law, but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
To Improve the Service
We may create anonymous data from your personal information and usage of the Service, and from other individuals whose information we collect, in order to understand and improve the Service and to develop new products and features.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention And Safety
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Your Information
We do not share information about you with any third party except as follows:
- With other users of the Service in your organization’s account. This is necessary to provide our Services to you and to fulfill our obligations in our Terms of Service. For example, your co-workers may be able to see your name, title, photo and where you appear in your organization’s org chart.
- With the third parties we work with to provide the Services. For example, the companies that host the computers that the Service runs on.
- With the providers of third party integrations that you or your organization authorize to integrate with the Services.
- To create and publish publicly aggregate anonymous usage information in order to promote how the Service is used.
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Services, or in connection with (including, without limitation, during the negotiation or due diligence process of) a corporate merger, consolidation or restructuring; the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets; financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; or other corporate change.
- As required by law or in response to a subpoena or other compulsory legal process, and we will make commercially reasonable efforts to promptly notify the administrators of your account of our receipt of such request, unless the law forbids such notice.
- To protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- With your consent. For example:
- you may email other users of the Service in your organization via the Service;
- you consent to let us post your testimonials on our website.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. When your organization cancels the Service or deletes your information, we will permanently delete that information within 90 days, except when required to retain the information by applicable law.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default, however you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, however doing so may impact your ability to use our Services.
We use the following types of cookies:
These enable you to navigate and use the features in the Services provided by us. For example, without these, you would not be able to log into secure areas of the Service.
You can opt-out of our Essential Cookies by setting your browser to not accept cookies, however doing so will prevent you from being able to use our Services.
These enable us to remember you that have used our Services before, preferences you may have indicated and information you have provided to us to give you a customized experience. For example, we use this to remember how you sort the employee directory so that it is sorted the same way the next time you use the Service.
You can opt-out of our Functional Cookies by setting your browser to not accept cookies, however doing so will prevent you from being able to use our Services.
We also use third-party services to deliver certain functionality:
These help us improve the way our Service works. We utilize these cookies to analyze how our people use the Service, to monitor speed of the Service, to detect and fix errors and to understand the effectiveness of our communications and marketing. We use third parties, for example, Google Analytics, to analyze statistical information from users of the Service. We might be able to associate such information with other information which we collect from you.
You can opt-out of Performance Cookies we use by visiting:
These are used by our website and emails (but not the TeamTools application) to learn how you interact with our website and emails. This information helps us, and the advertising services providers we use, better promote our services. For example, if you visit teamtoolsapp.com, you may later see an ad about TeamTools when you visit a different website.
You can opt-out of Targeting Cookies by visiting:
Your Rights and Choices
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you reside in a member state of the European Union, you have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with access to your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to object to profiling activities based on our own legitimate interests;
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party;
- to obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal data is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In order to exercise your rights, you must direct your request to your organization that signed up for the Services because your organization is the data controller. In most cases, your organization, as data controller, can fulfill your request using their administrative access to the Services, and they may also ask for assistance from us by contacting us through our support channels.
- Manage consent for specific services using the links provided above;
We give you the option to use some of our Services free of charge. These free Services are made possible by the fact that some people upgrade to our paid Services. If you register for our free Services, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades when permissible. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
We sometimes contact people who do not have a TeamTools account. For recipients in the EU, we or a third party will obtain consent before contacting you. If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can unsubscribe and remove yourself from our contact list via the message itself.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers. For more information about our security practices, please visit: https://teamtoolsapp.com/security
International Data Transfers
We store and process information about you on computers in the United States. If your information is transferred from the European Union to us or to any of our third party sub-processors, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certifications such as the EU-US Privacy Shield. You have a right to obtain details of the mechanism under which your personal data is transferred outside of the EU by contacting: email@example.com
How to Contact Us
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: 1950 W. Corporate Way, PMB 72071, Anaheim, CA 92801 USA
If you believe our policy or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you can file a complaint with our Data Protection Officer at the contact info listed above. If you are based in the European Economic Areas and your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you can approach your local data protection authority (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).